Project Cost Accountant
|Date Posted||December 03, 2018|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Downtown Dallas client with a search for a Project Cost Accountant. This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting for assigned construction projects. They have great office space, excellent benefits and a great company culture.
- Create capital jobs in the financial system (Yardi).
- Partner with project managers to ensure timely approval of invoices, submission of capital labor, preparation of accruals and job completion notifications.
- Set up new assets, transfers and retirements.
- Daily review of capital purchase orders and contract submissions for proper coding and compliance with company capitalization policies.
- Monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and post internal capital labor, capitalized interest, travel costs and any ad-hoc entries as needed.
- Monthly and quarterly variance reviews and project analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and Vlookups.
- Experience with fixed assets and Yardi a plus.
- Construction industry experience a big plus.